Cooking- an art.

Recently, cooking has become my new muse, my creative outlet, my challenge on an otherwise boring day and my expression of love for my husband.

I can't believe it but I am actually interested in cooking. When I started cooking it was just a way for me to satiate my hunger. Nothing else.It took seven years and lots of love for my boyfriend and now my husband to get me to the other side of the river. Now I actually like to cook. And my dear husband eats what ever I cook. That propels my interest even more.

In this process, I have realized that cooking is an ART and a SCIENCE......what my mom, books and all the ancoent scriptures have been telling me is so true. Like any art, with cooking also, you will never realize how much skill and effort it takes to make a good dish.It is so easy to get a recipe and measure everything exactly and cook. But then, that is not an art at all. It is just following instructions.

The "Art of cooking" is in knowing how the ingredients go together, how much of each to use without using a kitchen scale or a measuring cup, how to balance the flavors and how much to let the dish cook.The "Science of cooking" is how each of the ingredients benefits your body and the quantities in which each ingredient benefits you.Now that I have discovered the joy of cooking, I don't think I will ever stop . Three cheers to the Art and Science of cooking.

No comments: